Delivering the new KS3 National Curriculum for Computing, equipping students to use creative computational thinking, preparing them for GCSE and the digital world beyond.
- Each strand within Matrix has clear progression:
– Computational thinking: Understand logical processes and structures, and apply them to solving real life problems.
– Programming with App Inventor: Create working apps for mobile phones and tablets using a visual programming language.
– Data and the CPU: Learn the basics of binary maths and the electronics that makes a computer processor work.
– Programming with Python: Learn a high-level programming language used by professional programmers.
– Information technology: Understand the hardware and software that make up a computer system, and how to use them safely and responsibly.
– Creative communication: Use technology creatively to make websites and other digital products.
- Within each chapter, these Student Books offer a clear structure for teaching throught:
– Impactful and inspiring topic introductions with relevant and motivating discussion activities
– Clear written objectives.