Written by a team with teaching and examining experience, Cambridge IGCSE Chemistry Coursebook with CD-ROM (fourth edition) gives comprehensive and accessible coverage of the syllabus.Suggestions for practical activities are included, designed to help develop the required experimental skills, with full guidance included on the CD-ROM. Study tips throughout the text, exam-style questions at the end of each chapter and a host of revision and practice material on the CD-ROM are designed to help students prepare for their examinations.Answers to the exam-style questions in the Coursebook are provided on the CD-ROM.Mac users please note that CD-ROMS don’t autostart when used with Macs they will need to be started manually. If you have any queries please visit our customer support page or contact customer services.
- Comprehensive print and digital coverage of the full syllabus with extra focus on practical skills and exam preparation.
- Carefully selected animated videos aid understanding of challenging scientific concepts whilst bringing the content to life.
- Auto-marked formative assessment quizzes with tailored feedback to incorrect answers which highlight common misconceptions, to ensure continual learning opportunities for students.
- Exam-style questions at the end of every chapter allow students to practise and prepare for their examinations.
- Cambridge Elevate editions are customisable and interactive, allowing students to annotate text, add audio notes and link out to external resources.
- Additional materials including detailed answers to all questions, advice on revision and examinations and recommendations of extra resources are all available to download in the enhanced edition.
- Available online and on tablet devices through the Cambridge Elevate app.
- For information on how to use Cambridge Elevate editions and on supported devices please see inside the front cover.
1. Planet Earth
2. The nature of matter
3. Elements and compounds
4. Chemical reactions
5. Acids, bases and salts
6. Quantitative chemistry
7. How far? How fast?
8. Patterns and properties of metals
9. Industrial inorganic chemistry
10. Organic chemistry
11. Petrochemicals and polymers
12. Chemical analysis and investigation
Answers to questions
CD-ROM: Advice on study and revision skills
Answers to end-of-chapter questions
Practice exam-style papers and mark schemes
Multiple-choice self-tests and answers
Expanded notes on activities for teachers and technicians.