Join in the fun with Minimus – a mix of myths, stories, grammar support and historical background! This audio CD provides help with Latin pronunciation and contains lively readings of the Latin text to help motivate pupils.
- Develops language awareness and helps pupils with the basics of English by identifying common Latin roots.
- With a mix of myths, stories and historical background, Minimus supports cross-curricular activities including geography, history, RE and art.
- Roman Britain is bought to life as myths, stories and illustrations give children a meaningful insight into a different culture and time.
- The teacher’s resource book contains English translations of the Latin passages, photocopiable worksheets and full teaching notes to support the non-specialist teacher.
- The cassette and CD feature readings and extracts to help with pronunciation and contain lively readings of the Latin text to help motivate pupils.
- Many schools have introduced Latin to their pupils through lunch of after-school clubs. For advice on setting up a Latin club email Minimus author, Barbara Bell: firstname.lastname@example.org