Travel the world and look at some of the most amazing buildings – inside and out! Find out how they’re built, what they do and lots more fantastic facts in this exciting and very visual book. Each building is intricately illustrated, providing lots of detail to look at and talk about.
• Turquoise/Band 7 books offer literary language and extended descriptions, with longer sentences and a wide range of unfamiliar terms.
• Text type: An information book.
• A collage scene on pages 22 and 23 of all the buildings from the book allows children to recall the different features of each building.
• Additional retrieval devices such as a glossary and index can be evaluated for their usefulness as children develop critical reading skills.
• Curriculum links: Design and Technology: Homes; Geography: Passport to the world.
• This book has been quizzed for Accelerated Reader.