Poor Rat! No one wants to be his friend. But when the other animals see how sad he is, they all try to make him feel better. This gentle rhyming story is written and illustrated by Emma Chichester Clark.
• Red / Band 2B – A rhyming story
• Text type – Fiction
• The focus phonemes in this book are qu, th (them) and ch. Other phonemes practised are sh, th (thin), ng, ee, z, w, oo (look), ie (lie) and y.
• A story plan on the final spread allows children the opportunity to recap and discuss the story.
• This story is paired with the non-fiction recount on a similar theme: Red 2B Feelings by Monica Hughes.
• This book has been quizzed for Accelerated Reader.