What things are thick? What things are thin? Find out in this non-fiction book.
• Red / Band 2B – A simple information book
• Text type – Non-fiction
• Focus phonemes in this book are th (thin), oo (cook), v and oi. Other phonemes practised are ar, er, ou, sh, th (this), ee, z, and oo (moon).
• The final spread gives children the opportunity to recap and discuss the text.
• Alison Hawes also wrote Red 2A Pet Cat, Big Cat and The Big Red Bus; Red 2B Pond Dipping.
• This book has been quizzed for Accelerated Reader.