The Hat Maker sets off on his weekly visit to market, armed with an overflowing cart of hats to sell – but when he stops for a nap in the woods a group of chimps take the opportunity to steal his hats. Will the Hat Maker learn a valuable lesson, or will the chimps always be one step ahead? This story, set in Tanzania, was written by Adam Guillain.
• Blue/Band 4 books offer longer, repeated patterns with sequential events and integrated literary and natural language.
• Text type: A humorous story.
• Children can trace the Hat Maker’s route from his shop, through the woods and to the market on pages 14–15, providing plenty of discussion opportunities.
• Curriculum links: Knowledge and Understanding of the world.
• This book has been quizzed for Accelerated Reader.