Puff the pup is digging a hole and finding lots of interesting things. But what does he find right at the bottom of the hole, and what is hidden inside it? This energetic story by Tony Mitton is illustrated by James Cottell.
• Red A/Band 2A books offer predictable text with familiar objects and actions, combined with simple story development.
• Text type: A simple story with a familiar setting
• Children can recap the stages of the story in the flow chart on pages 14–15.
• Ideas for guided reading at the back of the book provide practical support and stimulating activities.
• This book has been quizzed for Accelerated Reader.