Bert lives deep in the rainforest and is completely awestruck by the beauty of other bright and wonderful creatures. If only he could sparkle like that? Or can he? This wonderful, decodable story is written by Mal Peet and Elspeth Graham and fantastically illustrated by Simona Messier.
• Blue/Band 4 books offer longer, repeated patterns with sequential events and integrated literary and natural language.
• Text type: A story with a familiar setting.
• Pages 14–15 provide an opportunity for children to recap the story.
• Curriculum links: science, geography.
• This book has been quizzed for Accelerated Reader.