The little bird is safe in its cage, but will it survive the outside world when it escapes? This sweet, decodable story is written and superbly illustrated by Petr Horáček.
• Blue/Band 4 books offer longer, repeated patterns with sequential events and integrated literary and natural language.
• Text type: A story with a familiar setting.
• Pages 14–15 provide an opportunity for children to recap the story.
• Curriculum links: geography, science, PSHE.
• This book has been quizzed for Accelerated Reader.