Have you ever seen a puppet show? Now’s your chance to go behind the scenes! Take a trip inside the Little Angel Theater and meet Ronnie the puppeteer. As he takes you on a tour of the theater, you can meet lots of puppets, find out how they’re made and how a show is put on. This colorful non-fiction book brings the world of puppets to life.
• Purple/Band 8 books offer developing readers literary language, with some challenging vocabulary.
• Text type: An information book.
• Pages 22 and 23 show a diagram of the different areas of the puppet theater, to help children to recap what they have read.
• Additional retrieval devices such as a glossary and index can be evaluated for their usefulness as children develop critical reading skills.
• Curriculum links: Design and Technology: Puppets; Art and design: People in action
• This book has been quizzed for Accelerated Reader.