This little bird may be small, but it’s very helpful to bigger animals. This photographic non-fiction book shows how the bird is able to help the larger animals around it, set against the stunning backdrop of Africa.
• Yellow/Band 3 books offer varied sentence structure and natural language
• Children can recap the different ways the bird can help other animals on pages 14–15.
• Text type: A simple non-fiction book
• Curriculum links: Citizenship: Animals and us
• This book has been quizzed for Accelerated Reader.