A rhyming text about three funny fish and scary-looking big fish with very sharp teeth. Two of the funny fish are brightly colored but vane, while the third funny fish is brown. The big fish comes along and eats the two brightly colored fish, but the dull brown one is able to hide safely among the stones on the sea bed!
• Yellow/Band 3 books offer varied sentence structure and natural language.
• Text type – A story with patterned and predictable rhyming language.
• There is a Funny Fish game on pages 14 and 15 to boost speaking and listening skills.
• Curriculum links – Art and design: Mother nature, designer; Citizenship: Living in a diverse world.
• This book has been leveled for Reading Recovery.
• This book has been quizzed for Accelerated Reader.