Have you ever wondered what happens when you drop your letter in the postbox? How does a letter get from your home town to the other side of the world in just a few days? In this book you will see what happens at every stage of a letter’s journey from Jack in England to his pen-pal, Tama, in New Zealand.
•Orange/ Band 6 books offer varied text and characters, with action sustained over several pages.
• Text type – A recount/ explanation text.
• At the end of the book is a useful timeline showing a summary of each step, which can be used to recap the procedure orally or to support children’s writing outside the reading session.
• Curriculum links – Geography: Other people and places; Citizenship: People who help us.
• This book has been leveled for Reading Recovery.
• This book has been quizzed for Accelerated Reader.