Cambridge Primary Mathematics Stage 5 Learner’s Book
Author(s):Emma Low, Mary Wood
This series is endorsed by Cambridge International Examinations and is part of Cambridge Maths.
Children will enjoy learning mathematics with this fun and attractive learner's book for stage 5. A variety of questions, activities, investigations and games that are designed to reinforce the concepts learnt in the core activities in the teacher's guide and address misconceptions are included along with hints and tips. Clear, often pictorial, explanation of mathematical vocabulary will help children learn new terms whether they are native English speakers or second language speakers and great care has been made to ensure language is accessible.
- Hints and tips provide further guidance and advice.
- Fun and engaging activities, questions, investigations and games.
- Links directly to the activities in the teacher's resource.
- With non-native speakers in mind, great care has been made to ensure language is accessible and vocabulary is defined visually.
1. The number system (whole numbers)
2. Mental and written strategies for addition and subtraction (1)
3. Mental and written strategies for multiplication and division (1)
4. Factors, multiples and square numbers
5. Shapes and geometric reasoning
6. Position and movement
8. Time (1)
9. Area and perimeter (1)
10. Number and number sequences
11. The number system (decimals)
12. Mental strategies
13. Mental and written strategies for addition and subtraction (2)
14. Written methods for multiplication and division (2)
15. Handling data
17. Line graphs
18. Finding the mode
20. Time (2)
21. Area and perimeter (2)
22. Number: mental strategies
23. Working with decimals
24. Fractions, decimals and percentages
26. Ratio and proportion
28. Shapes and geometric reasoning
29. Position and direction
31. Time (3)
32. Area and perimeter (3).
|Dimensions||22 × 30 × 0.6 cm|