Python: Basics (Level 1)
A unique series that provides a framework for teaching coding skills.
Learn the basics of coding quickly! This lively book is an introduction to the world of coding and to Python 3 – a fantastic language to start coding with. Young programmers will learn how to code and customise several fun applications including their own Magic8Ball and an Etch A Sketch® game. The fun challenges and Quick Quizzes help to consolidate new skills and the companion web site provides the full source code for all the projects and challenges as well as help for readers.
- Suitable for complete beginners.
- Designed and written for children at Key Stage 2 and 3 (ages 7-14), offering a foundation for Key Stage 4 (ages 14-16).
- Takes a project-based approach, allowing students to progress at different paces.
- Can be completed in one term at school, or more quickly at home. Further time can be spent exploring different ways of completing the challenges and making adaptations.
- Full support, source code and answers are provided on the companion website.
1. Python, IDLE and your first program
2. Some text, some maths and going loopy
3. Readable code and the MyMagic8Ball game
Taking things further
Glossary and index
The quick quiz answers
|Dimensions||17.1 × 24 × 0.5 cm|