Cambridge Primary English Stage 3 Learner’s Book
Subject(s):First Language English
Author(s):Gill Budgell, Kate Ruttle
Available from: November 2014
Cambridge Primary English is a flexible, endorsed course written specifically to support Cambridge International Examinations’ curriculum framework (Stages 1–6).
This colourful Learner’s Book includes the following features. Nine thematic units on exciting topics to engage young learners. Activities encouraging learners to actively explore, use and apply their core listening, speaking, reading and writing skills through individual, pair and group work. Lively international fiction, non-fiction and poetry texts which form the basis for teaching reading and writing skills. Language focus boxes throughout which help to teach and reinforce grammar points.
- Contains nine thematic units on exciting topics to engage young learners, following the Scheme of Work for the Stage.
- Provides structured, cumulative lessons to cover all objectives in the Cambridge Primary English curriculum framework for the Stage.
- Contains individual, paired and group activities which promote creativity and critical thinking, including songs and games, doing and making things, and problem-solving work.
- Contains a carefully selected range of international fiction, non-fiction and poetry texts suited to the age and Stage of the learners.
- Contains a Unit review at the end of each unit to revisit learning points and provide assessment opportunities, including self-assessment.
- Includes Spelling activities at the end of the book that can be used for separate or integrated spelling lessons. Icons in the nine units indicate opportunities to use the spelling activities within the main teaching sessions.
- Includes a helpful language Toolkit for learners to use for revision and reference. It contains tables, lists and reminders covering both language and literature work.
|Dimensions||28 × 22 × 0.7 cm|