The Cambridge International AS and A Level Physics Coursebook with CD-ROM and Cambridge Elevate enhanced edition offers flexible and comprehensive coverage of the full syllabus as well as extra enhancements to really bring the subject to life. This Cambridge Elevate enhanced edition of the coursebook provides a wealth of learning opportunities through auto-marked formative assessment quizzes with tailored feedback, carefully selected animated videos to visualise challenging concepts, exam-style questions and more.
- Comprehensive print and digital coverage of the full syllabus with extra focus on practical skills and exam preparation.
- Carefully selected animated videos aid understanding of challenging scientific concepts whilst bringing the content to life.
- Auto-marked formative assessment quizzes with tailored feedback to incorrect answers which highlight common misconceptions, to ensure continual learning opportunities for students.
- Exam-style questions at the end of every chapter allow students to practise and prepare for their examinations.
- Cambridge Elevate editions are customisable and interactive, allowing students to annotate text, add audio notes and link out to external resources.
- Additional materials including detailed answers to all questions, advice on revision and examinations and recommendations of extra resources are all available to download in the enhanced edition.
- Available online and on tablet devices through the Cambridge Elevate app.
- For information on how to use Cambridge Elevate editions and on supported devices please see inside the front cover.
1. Kinematics – describing motion
2. Accelerated motion
3. Dynamics – explaining motion
4. Forces – vectors and moments
5. Work, energy and power
7. Matter and materials
8. Electric fields
9. Electric current, potential difference and resistance
10. Kirchhoff’s laws
11. Resistance and resistivity
12. Practical circuits
14. Superposition of waves
15. Stationary waves
P1. Practical skills at AS level
17. Circular motion
18. Gravitational fields
20. Communications systems
21. Thermal physics
22. Ideal gases
23. Coulomb’s law
26. Magnetic fields and electromagnetism
27. Charged particles
28. Electromagnetic induction
29. Alternating currents
30. Quantum physics
31. Nuclear physics
32. Medical imaging
P2. Planning, analysis and evaluation
Appendix 1. Physical quantities and units
Appendix 2. Data, formulae and relationships
Appendix 3. The Periodic Table
CD-ROM: Answers to all questions from coursebook
Advice about revision and exam preparation