This coursebook has been revised and updated to ensure that it meets the requirements for the Statistics 2 (S2) unit of Cambridge AS and A Level Mathematics (9709). This revised edition has been redesigned and includes updated review questions to reflect changes in the style of questions asked in the course.
- Reviewed and revised content to ensure most up-to-date syllabus coverage.
- Full endorsement from Cambridge International Examinations.
- Fully updated review questions to better reflect the type of questioning in the AS and A Level Mathematics qualification.
- Redesigned materials to keep content engaging.
- Learning objectives at the start of each chapter.
- Clear, narrative explanation of mathematical concepts, terminology and notation, with results and procedures appearing in boxes for easy reference.
- Stimulating worked examples that take a step-by-step approach to problem solving.
- Revision exercises and practice exam papers are featured throughout.
1. The Poisson distribution
2. Linear combinations of random variables
3. Continuous random variables
6. Hypothesis testing: continuous variables
7. Hypothesis testing: discrete variables
8. Errors in hypothesis testing
Practice exam-style papers
Normal distribution function table