Cambridge International AS and A Level Mathematics: Pure Mathematics 2 and 3 Revised Edition Coursebook
Qualification:Cambridge AS and A Level
Author(s):Hugh Neill, Douglas Quadling, Julian Gilbey
Cambridge AS and A Level Mathematics is a revised series to ensure full syllabus coverage.
This coursebook has been revised and updated to ensure that it meets the requirements for the Pure Mathematics 2 and 3 (P2 and P3) units of Cambridge AS and A Level Mathematics (9709). Additional materials have been added to sections on logarithmic and exponential functions, the derivative of tan x and vectors. All of the review questions have been updated to reflect changes in the style of questions asked in the course.
- Reviewed and revised content to ensure most up-to-date syllabus coverage.
- Full endorsement from Cambridge International Examinations.
- Fully updated review questions to better reflect the type of questioning in the AS and A Level Mathematics qualification.
- Redesigned materials to keep content engaging.
- Learning objectives at the start of each chapter.
- Clear, narrative explanation of mathematical concepts, terminology and notation, with results and procedures appearing in boxes for easy reference.
- Stimulating worked examples that take a step-by-step approach to problem solving.
- Revision exercises and practice exam papers are featured throughout.
2. The modulus function
3. Exponential and logarithmic functions
4. Differentiating exponentials and logarithms
6. Differentiating trigonometric functions
Revision exercise 1
7. Differentiating products
8. Solving equations numerically
9. The trapezium rule
10. Parametric equations
11. Curves defined implicitly
Revision exercise 2
Practice exam-style papers for P2
12. Vectors: lines in two and three dimensions
13. Vectors: planes in three dimensions
14. The binomial expansion
15. Rational functions
16. Complex numbers
17. Complex numbers in polar form
19. Differential equations
Revision exercise 3
Practice exam-style papers for P3
|Dimensions||21.8 × 27.5 × 1.5 cm|