Cambridge International AS and A Level Mathematics: Mechanics 2 Coursebook
Qualification:Cambridge AS and A Level
Author(s):Douglas Quadling, Julian Gilbey
Cambridge AS and A Level Mathematics is a revised series to ensure full syllabus coverage.
This coursebook has been revised and updated to ensure that it meets the requirements for the Mechanics 2 (M2) unit of Cambridge AS and A Level Mathematics (9709). This revised edition adds clarifications to sections on motion of a projectile, equilibrium of a rigid body and linear motion under a variable force. All of the review questions have been updated to reflect changes in the style of questions asked in the course.
- Reviewed and revised content to ensure most up-to-date syllabus coverage.
- Full endorsement from Cambridge International Examinations.
- Fully updated review questions to better reflect the type of questioning in the AS and A Level Mathematics qualification.
- Redesigned materials to keep content engaging.
- Learning objectives at the start of each chapter.
- Clear, narrative explanation of mathematical concepts, terminology and notation, with results and procedures appearing in boxes for easy reference.
- Stimulating worked examples that take a step-by-step approach to problem solving.
- Revision exercises and practice exam papers are featured throughout.
1. The motion of projectiles
3. Centre of mass
4. Rigid objects in equilibrium
5. Elastic strings and springs
Revision exercise 1
6. Motion round a circle
7. Geometrical methods
8. Centres of mass of special shapes
9. Linear motion with variable forces
10. Strategies for solving problems
Revision exercise 2
|Dimensions||21.8 × 27.5 × 1 cm|