Endorsed for the Cambridge International AS and A Level English Literature syllabus (9695), this Teacher’s Resource CD-ROM is packed with practical guidance and support for the planning and delivery of this syllabus. Written in a clear style by an experienced examiner and teacher, Elizabeth Whittome, this resource is the perfect complement to the Cambridge International AS and A Level English Literature Coursebook. Including lesson plans, worksheets, presentations, indicative answers to Coursebook activities and homework ideas, this comprehensive and invaluable Teacher’s Resource is designed to support all aspects of teaching, saving time on planning and preparation.
- Includes clear and practical classroom support with 36 lesson plans, accompanying worksheets and presentations including lesson starters and teacher tips saving time in preparation and planning.
- Written by the author of the Cambridge International AS and A Level English Literature Coursebook, highly experienced examiner and teacher, Elizabeth Whittome.
- Provides indicative answers to Coursebook activities and guidance on responses to worksheet tasks, supporting teachers with assessment and marking.
- Navigates a clear path through the Coursebook content helping teachers plan and prepare classes.
- Includes a detailed introduction offering guidance and information on how to teach the course and how to make the most of this Teacher’s Resource CD-ROM.
- Suggested further reading and homework tasks throughout provide a rich bank of content to draw upon and save time in research and planning.
- Features a planning chart setting out various options for delivery plans for Cambridge International AS and A Level English Literature, including options for co-teaching.
- Each lesson plan clearly shows which Assessment Objectives are being addressed and the key concepts being focussed on, supporting teachers with planning and marking.
AS Poetry:1.Introduction to poetry
2.Introduction to poetry
4.Poetic sound effects
AS Prose: 7.Introduction to Prose
8.Structure and narrative
9.Setting and natural description
AS Drama: 13.Introduction to Drama
14.Introduction to Shakespeare
A Level Poetry: 19.Poetry: imagery focus
20.Poetry: theme, tone focus
21.Poetry: theme, tone, imagery focus
A Level Prose: 25.Prose: imagery, sentence structure focus
A Level Drama: 31.Shakespeare – tragedy
32.Shakespeare – comedy
33.Action and stage direction
34.Ideas through characters in dialogue