Cambridge International AS and A Level Literature in English Coursebook
Qualification:Cambridge AS and A Level
Comprehensive student-friendly resources designed for teaching Cambridge International AS and A Level Literature in English (syllabus 9695).
This Coursebook is a comprehensive guide to the study of Literature in English at AS and A Level, encouraging both the enjoyment of literature and rigorous academic study. It provides a clear approach for any Literature studies syllabus, and is divided into three parts: Part 1 and Part 2 covering poetry, prose and drama at AS and A Level respectively, and Part 3 covering key skills needed to succeed in assessment. It contains a range of stimulating literary material from around the world, including poems and extracts from plays and prose fiction, selected to include Cambridge set texts.
- Endorsed by Cambridge International Examinations.
- Robust and accessible guidance to achieve success at A Level Literature in English – both printed and electronic.
- Assessment resources to take students (and teachers) through the process of how to plan essays and coursework. Exam questions, sample answers and real examiner commentaries help to unpick the approach needed to do well in the exam.
- Exam-style questions, sample answers and real teacher commentaries help to unpick the approach needed in an exam.
- Builds skills for poetry, prose and drama study through a wealth of student activities.
- Culturally diverse text extracts that are carefully selected to include Cambridge set texts, but are useful examples for any syllabus.
Pathways - how to navigate this book
Part 1. AS
Section 1. Poetry, Part 1: Unit 1. Introduction to poetry
Unit 2. The language of poetry
Unit 3. Poetic structures and themes
Unit 4. Scansion
Unit 5. Rhyme and sound effects
Unit 6. Timed poetry essays, critical and passage type
Section 2. Prose, Part 1: Unit 7. Prose – studying a novel or short story
Unit 8. Prose – opening paragraphs
Unit 9. The novel – structure
Unit 10. Characterization
Unit 11. Timed prose essays, critical and passage type
Section 3. Drama, Part 1: Unit 12. Drama – studying a play
Unit 13. Studying the themes of plays
Unit 14. Studying play structures
Unit 15. Characters in drama
Unit 16. The language of drama
Unit 17. Timed drama essays, critical and passage type
Part 2. A Level
Section 4. Poetry, Part 2: Unit 18. Poetry critical essays
Unit 19. Poetry passage questions
Unit 20. Poetry unseens/comparisons
Section 5. Prose, Part 2: Unit 21. Prose critical essays
Unit 22. Prose passage questions
Unit 23. Prose Unseens/comparisons
Section 6. Drama, Part 2: Unit 24. Drama critical essays
Unit 25. Drama passage questions
Unit 26. Drama unseens
Part 3. Writing tips
Section 7. Essay Skills, Techniques, Self-monitoring: Unit 27. Writing a good critical essay/discourse markers
Unit 28. Tackling a passage question
Unit 29. Unseens
Unit 30. Unseen comparisons
Unit 31. Writing longer essays/coursework
Unit 32. Using critics
Unit 33. Typical essay terminology
Unit 34. Troubleshooting
|Dimensions||21.9 × 27.5 × 1.4 cm|