Cambridge International AS and A Level Chemistry Revision Guide
Qualification:Cambridge AS and A Level
Author(s):Judith Potter, Peter Cann
A revision guide tailored to the AS and A Level Chemistry syllabus (9701)
Cambridge International AS and A Level Chemistry Revision Guide offers support for students as they prepare for their AS and A Level Chemistry (9701) exams. Containing up-to-date material that matches the syllabus for examination from 2016 and packed full of guidance, such as Worked Examples, Tips and Progress Check Questions, throughout to help students to hone their revision and exam technique, as well as avoid common mistakes.Each feature of the book has been specifically designed to help students apply their knowledge in exams. Written in clear language and a straightforward tone, the Cambridge International AS and A Level Chemistry Revision Guide is perfect for international learners.
- Clear Learning Objectives at the start of each section to aid navigation and track progress.
- Worked Examples guide learners through content in a step by step way, illustrating how to tackle complex problems.
- Formative assessment in the form of Progress Check. Questions appear throughout, allowing learners to track their understanding.
- Exam-style questions in each chapter provide opportunity for summative-style assessment.
- Tips throughout to help and remind students about exam technique, common errors and misunderstandings.
Table of contents
How to use this book
1. Moles and equations
2. Atomic structure
3. Electrons in atoms
4. Chemical bonding
5. States of matter
6. Enthalpy changes
7. Redox reactions
8. Redox reactions
9. Rates of reaction
11. Group 2
12. Group 17
13. Nitrogen and sulfur
14. Introduction to organic chemistry
17. Alcohols, esters and carboxylic acids
18. Carbonyl compounds
19. Lattice energy
21. Further aspects of equilibria
22. Reaction kinetics
23. Entropy and Gibbs free energy
24. Transition elements
25. Benzene and its compounds
26. Carboxylic acids and their derivatives
27. Organic nitrogen compounds
29. Analytical chemistry
30. Organic synthesis
PS. Practical skills
Answers to Progress Check questions
Answers to Exam-style questions
|Dimensions||21.9 × 27.5 × 1.2 cm|