The Cambridge International AS and A Level Chemistry Coursebook with CD-ROM and Cambridge Elevate enhanced edition offers flexible and comprehensive coverage of the full syllabus as well as extra enhancements to really bring the subject to life. This Cambridge Elevate enhanced edition of the coursebook provides a wealth of learning opportunities through auto-marked formative assessment quizzes with tailored feedback, carefully selected animated videos to visualise challenging concepts, exam-style questions and more.
- Comprehensive print and digital coverage of the full syllabus with extra focus on practical skills and exam preparation.
- Carefully selected animated videos aid understanding of challenging scientific concepts whilst bringing the content to life.
- Auto-marked formative assessment quizzes with tailored feedback to incorrect answers which highlight common misconceptions, to ensure continual learning opportunities for students.
- Exam-style questions at the end of every chapter allow students to practise and prepare for their examinations.
- Cambridge Elevate editions are customisable and interactive, allowing students to annotate text, add audio notes and link out to external resources.
- Additional materials including detailed answers to all questions, advice on revision and examinations and recommendations of extra resources are all available to download in the enhanced edition.
- Available online and on tablet devices through the Cambridge Elevate app.
- For information on how to use Cambridge Elevate editions and on supported devices please see inside the front cover.
1. Moles and equations
2. Atomic structure
3. Electrons in atoms
4. Chemical bonding
5. States of matter
6. Enthalpy changes
7. Redox reactions
8. Redox reactions
9. Rates of reaction
11. Group 2
12. Group 17
13. Nitrogen and sulfur
14. Introduction to organic chemistry
17. Alcohols, esters and carboxylic acids
18. Carbonyl compounds
P1. Practical skills 1
19. Lattice energy
19. Lattice energy
21. Further aspects of equilibria
22. Reaction kinetics
23. Entropy and Gibbs free energy
24. Transition elements
25. Benzene and its compounds
26. Carboxylic acids and their derivatives
27. Organic nitrogen compounds
29. Analytical chemistry
30. Organic synthesis
P2. Practical skills 2
Appendix 1. The Periodic Table of the Elements
Appendix 2. Selected standard electrode potentials
Answers to check-up questions
CD-ROM: Answers to all questions from coursebook
Advice about revision and exam preparation