This endorsed Cambridge International AS and A Level Business Revision Guide has been designed to further develop students’ skills for the Cambridge International AS and A Level Business course. Revised to meet the latest syllabus (9609) this book is packed full of guidance to reinforce students’ understanding and skills to succeed in their course. Written by experienced examiners this Revision Guide is perfect for international learners and accompanies the Cambridge International AS and A Level Business Coursebook (third edition).
- Explains important subject content, concepts and techniques step-by-step to help students consolidate their learning.
- Activities throughout to check progress with the answers at the end of the book.
- Example answers with examiner commentary helps students improve their responses.
- Helpful exam-style questions.
- Key terms to highlight definitions of business terminology for quick reference.
- Includes tips for successful revision techniques to help students avoid common pitfalls.
Unit 1. Business and its Environment: 1. Enterprise
2. Business structure
3. Size of business
4. Business objectives
5. Stakeholders in a business
6. Business structure (A Level)
7. Size of business (A Level)
8. External influences on business activity (A Level)
9. External economic influences on business behaviour (A Level)
Unit 2. People in Organisations: 10. Management and leadership
12. Human resource management
13. Further human resource management (A Level)
14. Organisation structure (A Level)
15. Business communication (A Level)
Unit 3. Marketing: 16. What is marketing?
17. Market research
18. The marketing mix – product and price
19. The marketing mix – promotion and place
20. Marketing planning (A Level)
21. Globalisation and international marketing (A Level)
Unit 4. Operations and Project Management: 22. The nature of operations
23. Operations planning
24. Inventory management
25. Capacity utilisation (A Level)
26. Lean production and quality management (A Level)
27. Project management (A Level)
Unit 5. Finance and Accounting: 28. Business finance and its sources
30. Accounting fundamentals
31. Forecasting and managing cash flows
32. Costs (A Level)
33. Budgets (A Level)
34. Contents of published accounts (A Level)
35. Analysis of published accounts (A Level)
36. Investment appraisal (A Level)
Unit 6. Strategic Management: 37. What is strategic management? (A Level)
38. Strategic analysis (A Level)
39. Strategic choice (A Level)
40. Strategic implementation (A Level)