The Cambridge International AS and A Level Biology Coursebook with CD-ROM and Cambridge Elevate enhanced edition offers flexible and comprehensive coverage of the full syllabus as well as extra enhancements to really bring the subject to life. This Cambridge Elevate enhanced edition of the coursebook provides a wealth of learning opportunities through auto-marked formative assessment quizzes with tailored feedback, carefully selected animated videos to visualise challenging concepts, exam-style questions and more.
- Comprehensive print and digital coverage of the full syllabus with extra focus on practical skills and exam preparation.
- Carefully selected animated videos aid understanding of challenging scientific concepts whilst bringing the content to life.
- Auto-marked formative assessment quizzes with tailored feedback to incorrect answers which highlight common misconceptions, to ensure continual learning opportunities for students.
- Exam-style questions at the end of every chapter allow students to practise and prepare for their examinations.
- Cambridge Elevate editions are customisable and interactive, allowing students to annotate text, add audio notes and link out to external resources.
- Additional materials including detailed answers to all questions, advice on revision and examinations and recommendations of extra resources are all available to download in the enhanced edition.
- Available online and on tablet devices through the Cambridge Elevate app.
- For information on how to use Cambridge Elevate editions and on supported devices please see inside the front cover.
Coursebook: How to use this book
1. Cell structure
2. Biological molecules
4. Cell membranes and transport
5. The mitotic cell cycle
6. Nucleic acids and protein synthesis
7. Transport in plants
8. Transport in mammals
9. Gas exchange and smoking
10. Infectious diseases
P1. Practical skills for AS
12. Energy and respiration
16. Inherited change
17. Selection and evolution
18. Biodiversity, classification and conservation
19. Genetic technology
P2. Planning, analysis and evaluation
Appendix 1. Amino acid R groups
Appendix 2. DNA and RNA triplet codes
Index. CD-ROM: Answers to all questions from coursebook
Advice about revision and exam preparation