Written by highly experienced author and teacher, Cambridge IGCSE Physics: Coursebook with CD-ROM (second edition) gives comprehensive and accessible coverage of the syllabus content.Suggestions for practical activities are included, designed to help develop the required experimental skills, with full guidance included on the CD-ROM. Study tips throughout the text, exam-style questions at the end of each chapter and a host of revision and practice material on the CD-ROM are designed to help students prepare for their examinations.Answers to the exam-style questions in the Coursebook are provided on the CD-ROM.Mac users please note that CD-ROMS don’t autostart when used with Macs they will need to be started manually. If you have any queries please visit our customer support page or contact customer services.
- Full coverage of all syllabus content.
- Definitions of key terms.
- Comprehensive support for exam preparation with study tips, revision guidance, checklists, self-assessment tests and model exam papers.
- Ideas for practical activities included in the text with full guidance for teachers and technicians included on the CD-ROM.
- Animations on the CD-ROM to help visualise concepts.
1 Making measurements
2 Describing motion
3 Forces and motion
4 Turning effects of forces
5 Forces and matter
6 Energy transformations and energy transfers
7 Energy resources
8 Work and power
9 The kinetic model of matter
10 Thermal properties of matter
11 Thermal (heat) energy transfers
14 Properties of waves
17 Static electricity
18 Electrical quantities
19 Electric circuits
20 Electromagnetic forces
21 Electromagnetic induction
22 The nuclear atom
Answers to questions
Notes on activities for teachers/technicians
Answers to end-of-chapter questions
Study and revision skills
Model papers and mark schemes