This Mathematics course book comes highly recommended by us. The book is highly explanatory with detailed descriptions.
It contains detailed explanations of concepts and clear worked examples, followed by practice exercises to allow students to consolidate and practise the required mathematical skills. This edition comes with a two-year subscription to Cambridge Online Mathematics and complements the print coursebook by offering further explanations, interactive worked examples, worksheets and quizzes. Cambridge Online Mathematics also allows teachers to set classroom and homework exercises to individual students or entire classes, with the ability to track student progress. For additional teaching material – such as core and extension worksheets – see the additional materials tab on this page.
- This edition comes with a two-year subscription to Cambridge Online Mathematics and complements the print coursebook by offering further explanations, interactive worked examples, worksheets and quizzes.
- Progressively more challenging exercises complete with answers at the back of the book.
- Worked examples throughout provide step-by-step guidance.
- Core and Extended materials clearly signposted within a single book.
- Recap section at the start of chapters for students to check their prior knowledge before starting new topics.
- Cambridge Online Mathematics allows teachers to set classroom and homework exercises to individual students or entire classes, with the ability to track student progress.
- For information on how to use Cambridge Online Mathematics, please see inside the front cover.
1. Reviewing number concepts
2. Making sense of algebra
3. Lines, angles and shapes
4. Collecting, organising and displaying data
Unit 2. 5. Fractions and standard form
6. Equations and transforming formulae
7. Perimeter, area and volume
8. Introduction to probability
Unit 3. 9. Sequences and sets
10. Straight lines and quadratic equations
11. Pythagoras’ theorem and similar shapes
12. Averages and measures of speed
Unit 4. 13. Understanding measurement
14. Further solving of equations and inequalities
15. Scale drawings, bearings and trigonometry
16. Scatter diagrams and correlation
Unit 5. 17
18. Curved graphs
20. Histograms and frequency distribution diagrams
Unit 6. 21. Ratio, rate and proportion
22. More equations, formulae and functions
23. Vectors and transformations
24. Probability using tree diagrams and Venn diagrams