This Teacher’s Resource CD-ROM is for Cambridge IGCSE® History for Option B: the 20th Century (0470), for first examination from 2015. The CD-ROM helps teachers bring Cambridge IGCSE History to life, as they encourage students to inquire and explore topics such as World War Two, the rise and fall of Soviet Russia and much more. Written in collaboration with an English as an Additional Language (EAL) specialist, language support sections suggest activities for each subtopic, anticipating common challenges and providing tips to overcome them. They also highlight language and concepts that students may find problematic. The Teacher’s Resource contains source material from the Coursebook so teachers have the option to print them or project them in class for group learning.
- Editable worksheets in the resource serve as ready-made activities, saving teachers time plotting and designing worksheets of their own.
- Sections dedicated to language anticipate likely problem areas and suggest ways to overcome them while highlighting helpful academic language students should be using.
- Suggestions for differentiation activities help teachers give their students extra support or challenge them to inquire further.
- Ideas for starting lessons, suggestions for making content more active in the classroom and links to historical websites for background reading, give teachers a creative starting point for lesson planning.
- Sample answers and links to assessment objectives help teachers mark and students to understand how to demonstrate their skills.