Cambridge IGCSE™ Combined and Co-ordinated Sciences Coursebook with CD-ROM
Format:Mixed media product
Author(s):Mary Jones, Richard Harwood, Ian Lodge, David Sang
The Cambridge IGCSE® Combined and Co-ordinated Sciences series is tailored to the 0653 and 0654 syllabuses.
Cambridge IGCSE® Combined and Co-ordinated Sciences Coursebook is tailored to the 0653 and 0654 syllabuses for first examination in 2019 and is endorsed for full syllabus coverage by Cambridge International Examinations. This interdisciplinary coursebook comprehensively covers the knowledge and skills required in these courses, with the different syllabuses clearly identified. Engaging activities in every chapter help students develop practical and investigative skills while end-of-chapter questions help to track their progress. The accompanying CD-ROM contains self-assessment checklists for making drawings, constructing and completing results tables, drawing graphs and designing experiments; answers to all the end-of-chapter questions and auto-marked multiple-choice self tests.
- Endorsed for full syllabus coverage by Cambridge International Examinations. Teachers and students can be confident that the coursebook covers the syllabuses in appropriate detail, with syllabus levels clearly defined.
- Activities in every chapter help students to develop essential practical and investigation skills.
- Study tips are highlighted throughout to help students assess and develop their own learning styles.
- The accompanying CD-ROM contains self-assessment checklists for making drawings, constructing and completing results tables, drawing graphs and designing experiments to support the development of these key skills.
- Self-assessment questions are included throughout every chapter to help students to track their own progress throughout the course, and additional auto-marking multiple choice tests are provided on the CD-ROM for extra practice.
- Questions at the end of each chapter build in difficulty and assess higher order thinking skills, preparing students for the style of question they might encounter in their examinations.
- Coursebook forms part of a comprehensive series of resources including workbooks for each science and Teacher's Resources for extra support during planning and delivery of lessons and assessment.
Biology: B1 Cells
B2 Movement in and out of cells
B3 Biological molecules
B4 Plant nutrition
B5 Animal nutrition
B6 Transport in plants
B7 Transport in mammals
B8 Respiration and gas exchange
B9 Coordination and homeostasis
B10 Reproduction in plants
B11 Reproduction in humans
B13 Variation and selection
B14 Organisms and their environment
Chemistry: C1 Planet Earth
C2 The nature of matter
C3 Elements and compounds
C4 Chemical reactions
C6 Quantitative chemistry
C7 How far? How fast?
C8 Patterns and properties of metals
C9 Industrial inorganic chemistry
C10 Organic chemistry
C11 Petrochemicals and polymers
C12 Chemical analysis and investigation
Physics: P1 Making measurements
P2 Describing motion
P3 Forces and motion
P4 Turning effects of forces
P5 Forces and matter
P6 Energy transformations and energy transfers
P7 Energy resources
P8 Work and power
P9 The kinetic model of matter
P10 Thermal properties of matter
P11 Thermal (heat) energy transfers
P14 Properties of waves
P17 Electric charge
P18 Electrical quantities
P19 Electric circuits
P20 Electromagnetic forces
P21 Electromagnetic induction
P22 Atomic physics
Answers to self-assessment questions
Answers to end-of-chapter questions
Answers to End of Chapter Questions
Multiple Choice Test
Self-assessment checklist for drawing
Study and revision skills
Notes on activities for teachers/technicians
|Dimensions||21.9 × 27.5 × 2.8 cm|