Cambridge IGCSE® Chemistry Revision Guide
The Cambridge IGCSE Chemistry Revision Guide supports students through their course, containing specifically designed features to help students apply their knowledge as they prepare for assessment.
Cambridge IGCSE® Chemistry Revision Guide offers students support as they prepare for their Cambridge IGCSE Chemistry (0620) exams. Containing up-to-date material that matches the syllabus for examination from 2016 and packed full of guidance, such as Worked Examples, Tips and Progress Check Questions, throughout to help students to hone their revision and exam technique, as well as avoid common mistakes.Each feature of the book has been specifically designed to help students apply their knowledge in exams. Written in clear language and with a straightforward tone, the Cambridge IGCSE Chemistry Revision Guide is perfect for international learners.
- Clear Learning Objectives at the start of each section to aid navigation and track progress.
- Worked Examples guide learners through content in a step by step way, illustrating how to tackle complex problems.
- Formative assessment in the form of Progress Check questions appear throughout, allowing learners to track their understanding.
- Exam-style questions in each chapter provide opportunity for summative-style assessment.
- Tips throughout to help and remind students about exam technique, common errors and misunderstandings.
How to use this book
1 Particles in motion
2 Experimental Chemistry 3 Methods of purification
4 Atomic structure
5 Elements, compounds and mixtures
6 Bonding and structure
7 Formulae and equations
8 Chemical calculations (1)
9 Chemical calculations (2)
11 Chemical energetics
12 Rate of reaction
13 Reversible reactions
14 Redox reactions
15 Acids, bases and oxides
16 Making salts
17 Identifying ions and gases
18 The Periodic Table
20 Halogens and noble gases
21 Metals and reactivity
22 Metals Extraction and uses
23 Water, air and Earth
25 Nitrogen and sulfur
26 Introduction to organic chemistry
27 Petroleum fractionation and hydrocarbons
28 Alcohols and carboxylic acids
30 Natural macromolecules
Answers to Progress Check questions
Answers to Exam-style questions
|Dimensions||21.8 × 27.5 × 1 cm|