Written by a team with teaching and examining experience, Cambridge IGCSE Chemistry Coursebook with CD-ROM (fourth edition) gives comprehensive and accessible coverage of the syllabus.Suggestions for practical activities are included, designed to help develop the required experimental skills, with full guidance included on the CD-ROM. Study tips throughout the text, exam-style questions at the end of each chapter and a host of revision and practice material on the CD-ROM are designed to help students prepare for their examinations.Answers to the exam-style questions in the Coursebook are provided on the CD-ROM.Mac users please note that CD-ROMS don’t autostart when used with Macs they will need to be started manually. If you have any queries please visit our customer support page or contact customer services.
- Full coverage of all syllabus content.
- Definitions of key terms.
- Comprehensive support for exam preparation with study tips, revision guidance, checklists, self-assessment tests and model exam papers.
- Ideas for practical activities included in the text with full guidance for teachers and technicians included on the CD-ROM.
- Animations on the CD-ROM to help visualise concepts.
1 Planet Earth
2 The nature of matter
3 Elements and compounds
4 Chemical reactions
5 Acids, bases and salts
6 Quantitative chemistry
7 How far? How fast?
8 Patterns and properties of metals
9 Industrial inorganic chemistry
10 Organic chemistry
11 Petrochemicals and polymers
12 Chemical analysis and investigation
Answers to questions
Notes on activites for teachers/technicians
Answers to end-of-chapter questions
Study and revision skills
Model papers and mark schemes
Syllabus matching grids