Written by an experienced teacher and examiner, Cambridge IGCSE Biology Coursebook with CD-ROM (third edition) gives comprehensive and accessible coverage of the syllabus content.Suggestions for practical activities are included, designed to help develop the required experimental skills, with full guidance included on the CD-ROM. Study tips throughout the text, exam-style questions at the end of each chapter and a host of revision and practice material on the CD-ROM are designed to help students prepare for their examinations.Answers to the exam-style questions in the Coursebook are provided on the CD-ROM. Mac users please note that CD-ROMS don’t autostart when used with Macs they will need to be started manually. If you have any queries please visit our customer support page or contact customer services.
- Full coverage of all syllabus content.
- Definitions of key terms.
- Comprehensive support for exam preparation with study tips, revision guidance, checklists, self-assessment tests and model exam papers.
- Animations on the CD-ROM to help visualise concepts.
- Ideas for practical activities included in the text with full guidance for teachers and technicians included on the CD-ROM.
3 Movement in and out of cells
4 The chemicals of life
6 Plant nutrition
7 Animal nutrition
8 Transport in plants
9 Transport in animals
10 Pathogens and immunity
11 Respiration and gas exchange
13 Coordination and response
16 Reproduction in plants
17 Reproduction in humans
19 Variation and natural selection
20 Organisms and their environment
21 Humans and the environment
Answers to questions
Notes on activities for teachers/technicians
Answers to end-of-chapter questions
Study and revision skills
Model papers and mark schemes