Workbook 9 is organised into eighteen thematic units of study based on the Cambridge International Examinations English as a Second Language Scheme of Work for Stage 9. The units are carefully structured to reinforce the language learning of the Coursebook, at the same time as extending students’ knowledge via a range of exercise types. CEFR Level: B1+
- Stages 7-9 help to prepare learners for the Cambridge International Examinations Secondary 1 Checkpoint test
- 18 thematic units mapped to the Coursebook units
- Comprehensive grammar reference section included, which supplements both the Workbook and the Coursebook
- Study skills features offer helpful guidance to students
- Skills-based approach to language learning
- Wide variety of exercise types
- Tasks carefully selected to appeal to the age range
UNIT 1. Family ties: 1. Family life
2. Twins reunited
3. Well done!
UNIT 2. Personal appearance: 1. All dressed up
2. My style
3. A fashion classic
UNIT 3. Moods and feelings: 1. Ups and downs
2. Problems and solutions
3. Beyond words
UNIT 4. The world of music: 1. What does music mean to you?
2. West meets East through music
3. The sound of music
UNIT 5. Health and diseases: 1. A game changer
2. What helps you to be healthy?
3. The story of vaccination
UNIT 6. Leisure time: 1. Leisure for pleasure
2. Finding time
3. A good night’s sleep
UNIT 7. Energy resources: 1. A tropical paradise
2. What does it mean to be green?
3. The power of nature
UNIT 8. Industrial revolution: 1. Water for food
2. Full steam ahead
3. Can it or cool it!
UNIT 9. Handling data: 1. Facts and figures
2. What are the facts?
3. What can numbers tell you?
UNIT 10. Giving presentations: 1. Picture it
2. Getting your message across
3. From ideas to words
UNIT 11. Learning and training: 1. Good teachers, good learners
2. Team spirit
3. What have you been doing?
UNIT 12. Making a living: 1. The ideal job
2. Part-time and summer jobs
3. Young entrepreneurs
UNIT 13. Population and resources: 1. People and places
2. Japan: A case study
3. Water for the world
UNIT 14. Cultures and customs: 1. What’s in a name?
2. Ceremonies and formal occasions
3. Pearls of wisdom
UNIT 15. The digital age: 1. Zoom in
2. A good idea
3. The future is digital
UNIT 16. Light and sound: 1. A trick of the light
2. How we see the world
3. Sounds good to me
UNIT 17. Right and wrong: 1. Crime and punishment
2. Doing the right thing
3. The scene of the crime
UNIT 18. A performance in English: 1. All the world’s a stage
2. On stage, off stage
3. From script to performance