Cambridge Global English Stage 8 Coursebook with Audio CD
Format:Mixed media product
Subject(s):English as a Second Language
Author(s):Chris Barker, Libby Mitchell
Cambridge Global English Stages 7-9 follow the Cambridge Lower Secondary English as a Second Language (ESL) Curriculum Framework.
Global English Stages 7-9 is a good resource book for students who take English as a second language
Coursebook 8 is organised into eighteen thematic units of study based on the Cambridge International English Scheme of Work for Stage 8. The topics and situations in Cambridge Global English have been selected to reflect this diversity and encourage learning about each other’s lives through the medium of English. It presents realistic listening, speaking, reading and writing tasks, as well as end-of-unit projects similar to those students might encounter in the context of a first-language school. After every other unit, there is a literature spread, featuring authentic texts from a variety of sources. CEFR Level - B1
- Stages 7-9 help to prepare learners for the Cambridge International Examinations Secondary 1 Checkpoint test
- 18 thematic units.
- 9 review units offer the opportunity to check and assess progress
- Literature spreads, featuring authentic prose and poetry from a variety of sources
- Skills-based approach to language learning
- 'Language tip' features highlight valuable linguistic points.
- 'Did you know?' features help students understand cultural nuances of language use.
- 'Use of English' features focus on key grammatical structures which are then practised in the unit.
- Audio CD with recordings of literature texts and dialogues in Stage 8.
1. Languages of the world
Review of Units 1–2
3. Rivers and coasts
4. Great expeditions
Review of Units 3–4
5. Sports and hobbies
6. Entertainment and media
Review of Units 5–6
7. Household routines
8. Habitat interactions
Review of Units 7–8
9. Buildings and structures
10. Design and shape
Review of Units 9–10
11. Personality types
12. People and their jobs
Review of Units 11–12
13. Shops and services
14. Possessions and personal space
Review of Units 13–14
15. Natural disasters
Review of Units 15–16
17. Summer season
18. Using English
Review of Units 17–18.
|Dimensions||21.8 × 27.5 × 0.6 cm|