This engaging course supports teaching of the Science framework both theoretically and practically, with full coverage of the Scientific Enquiry framework integrated throughout the series. This Coursebook for Stage 9 gives a thorough introduction to the concepts, and offers a wealth of ideas for hands-on activities to make the subject matter come to life. Integrated review of topics from Stages 7 and 8 as well as full coverage of the Stage 9 content provides preparation for the Cambridge Checkpoint Science test and a solid foundation for progression into the Cambridge IGCSE Sciences.
- Endorsed by Cambridge International Examinations.
- Supports teaching of the Science framework both theoretically and practically.
- Full coverage of the Scientific Enquiry framework integrated throughout the series.
- Coursebook gives a thorough introduction to the concepts and offers a wealth of ideas for hands-on activites to make the subject matter come to life.
- Workbook contains exercises that develop students’ ability to apply their knowledge, as well as Scientific Enquiry skills relating to planning experiments and recording results.
- Teacher’s Resource CD-ROM provides suggestions for how to introduce concepts in the classroom and how to deal with common misconceptions, as well as worksheets and activity suggestions.
Biology: 1. Plants
2. Living things in their environment
3. Variation and inheritance
Chemistry: 4. Material properties
5. Energy changes
8. Rates of reaction
Physics: 9. Forces in action
Glossary and index