Cambridge Checkpoint Science Coursebook 9
Author(s):Mary Jones, Diane Fellowes-Freeman, David Sang
Written by well-respected authors, the Cambridge Checkpoint Science suite provides a comprehensive, structured resource which covers the full Cambridge Secondary 1 framework and seamlessly progresses into the next stage.
This engaging course supports teaching of the Science framework both theoretically and practically, with full coverage of the Scientific Enquiry framework integrated throughout the series. This Coursebook for Stage 9 gives a thorough introduction to the concepts, and offers a wealth of ideas for hands-on activities to make the subject matter come to life. Integrated review of topics from Stages 7 and 8 as well as full coverage of the Stage 9 content provides preparation for the Cambridge Checkpoint Science test and a solid foundation for progression into the Cambridge IGCSE Sciences.
- Endorsed by Cambridge International Examinations.
- Supports teaching of the Science framework both theoretically and practically.
- Full coverage of the Scientific Enquiry framework integrated throughout the series.
- Coursebook gives a thorough introduction to the concepts and offers a wealth of ideas for hands-on activites to make the subject matter come to life.
- Workbook contains exercises that develop students' ability to apply their knowledge, as well as Scientific Enquiry skills relating to planning experiments and recording results.
- Teacher's Resource CD-ROM provides suggestions for how to introduce concepts in the classroom and how to deal with common misconceptions, as well as worksheets and activity suggestions.
Biology: 1. Plants
2. Living things in their environment
3. Variation and inheritance
Chemistry: 4. Material properties
5. Energy changes
8. Rates of reaction
Physics: 9. Forces in action
Glossary and index
|Dimensions||21.9 × 27.6 × 0.8 cm|