Approaches to learning and teaching Science is the result of close collaboration between Cambridge University Press and Cambridge International Examinations. Considering the local and global contexts when planning and teaching an international syllabus, the title presents ideas for Science with practical examples that help put theory into context. This book is ideal support for those studying professional development qualifications or international PGCEs. Online tools for lesson planning are available to download below.
- Highly practical, this resource saves teacher-planning time with lesson ideas available to download from our supporting website.
- Contains ideas for classroom activities, differentiation, active learning, reflective practice and formative assessment.
- Presents ideas and practical examples in the context of Science.
- Gives examples based on recent pedagogical best practice and helps teachers put theory into practice.
- Teachers benefit from the shared global insights of both Cambridge University Press and Cambridge International Examinations.
2. Purpose and context of the book
3. The nature of Science
4. Key considerations
5. Interpreting a syllabus
6. Active learning
7. Assessment to Learning
9. Language awareness
10. Inclusive Education
11. Teaching with digital technologies
12. Global thinking
13. Reflective practice and pathways
14. Measuring Student Impact
15. Recommended Reading